Sunday, April 21, 2013

Blackberry Z10 day 1 review

So I was given the opportunity to take the BlackBerry Z10 for a test drive. It has been roughly 24 hours since my cut over from a Galaxy Nexus.

Likes: BlackBerry Hub is an excellent center for all things I care about. The integrated SMS, MMS, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc. creates a time saving central hub for things I care about.

The Web browsing seems to deliver a better experience than on my Android or iPhone.
The keyboard is also fantastic.

Dislikes: there is a lack of native apps that I used on a regular basis on both my Android and iPhone. This seems to be my only dislike at the moment.

Though the previously mentioned dislike is a bit annoying, I was pleasantly surprised how well the HTML 5 versions of apps like GMAIL, Google voice, etc. worked.

In fact the only app that I can't replace with an HTML 5 variant so far seems to be Google Authenticator.  However to get around that that just have a code sent via text message, problem solved for now.  Now I do understand a code via SMS text could be a security concern because it isn't encrypted and could be intercepted, etc. But this is a trade off needed ff the time being.

No comments:

Post a Comment